Natural zeolite specific properties allow its use in various filtration processes. It acts as an excellent filtration and sorption material – it adsorbs dioxins, heavy metals, etc.
Natural zeolite is an adsorbent of smell and harmful substances in natural water bodies intended for swimming, where it provides for purity and quality of water which contacts skin. It serves for purification and preparation of drinking water. Also, natural zeolite is employed in waste water purification in which case it maintains an increased biological activity of the water treatment process.
Apart from water purification, zeolite is of great importance for air and gas filtration, creation of filtration barriers in waste dump construction, thus preventing soil contamination. Natural zeolite reduces the adverse effect caused by the process of making asphalt pavement, it improves ecological conditions in livestock buildings, and maintains the biological process that takes place in the course of biogas production.
Benefits of zeolite application
Purification of sewage, industrial, public-supply and rain water
- Acts as a sorbent of heavy metal cations
- As an anionic adsorber, sorbs biocides and the absorbed organically-bound halogens
- Impedes sludge formation expansion
- Improves CHSK, BSK5 and NH4-N values in water
- Decreases sludge index, improves sludge biodegradation in presence of high-quality biogas
- Cuts expenses due to significant saving of chemical agents
- Decreases concentration of chlorinated hydrocarbons (CKW)
- Adsorbs odour
- Stabilizes processes and safety even in the event of considerable variations in the level of contamination
- Amends рН value
- Reduces total amount of nitrogen
- Shows higher efficiency in sludge and pure water separation, provides for thickening slurries produced in industrial water treatment facility